Non Levy Paying Employers

The best place to start is watching our short video!

Our video explains everything you need to know about the levy and how it will affect your organisation if your pay bill is under £3,000,000. Alternatively, please click here to access our fact sheet. 

Arrow RightY.jpg

Paying for apprenticeship training

Apprenticeships boost productivity to businesses by on average £214 per week


Employers with less than 50 employees:

If you have less than 50 employees, you will be required to pay 10% towards the cost of apprenticeship training for learners 19 and over, however, any apprentices aged 16-18 will be fully funded by the government.

Employers with more than 50 employees:

If you have more than 50 employees, you will be required to pay 10% towards the cost of apprenticeship training. The government will pay the remaining 90% direct to the training provider.

How to pay:

We will agree a suitable payment schedule to collect the money directly from you. We offer a variety of easy to use and flexible payment options including upfront payment and direct debits. 

Getting started

Learning can be done in the workplace, minimising distruption.

We will:

  • Support you to upskill your existing staff and recruit new talent into your organisation, keeping you informed at every stage
  • Assign you an account manager to talk you through the process every step of the way
  • Providing the latest updates of government policy that may affect your organisation


Apprenticeships enable business to grow their skills base resulting in increased profits 

In order to support small employers to engage with apprenticeship training the government have developed a number of incentives:

  • £1000 incentive payment for every 16-18 year old. This is paid in two instalments at the 3rd and 12th month of the apprenticeship programme. 
  • Full governement funding for learners aged 19 to 24 who were formerly in care or have a Local Authority Education Health and Care plan.
  • If you employ an apprentice under the age of 25 you may no longer have to pay employer Class 1 National Insurance contributions on their earnings up to the new Apprenticeship Upper Secondary Threshold.

Our Programmes

If you are interested in taking on an apprentice, take a look at our programmes to see what deliver.

Learn more

Susan Green, Owner, Greenacres Nursery, says:

“After using many different training companies, I eventually discovered Hawk. At last I had found a company that was efficient, professional and scrupulous in their practices. They completely commit to the students learning and work with them as individuals to give them the best possible start to their careers."

Just a few of our many valued partners

The Co-Op Childcare.png
Cabinet Office.png
Guys and St Thomas.png
Hungry Caterpillar.png
Flambeau Europlast.png