Organisations need to continuously improve and adapt to the ever changing expectations and needs of the customer or service. Without a clear set of processes to keep up with the change, a company can easily become disorganised and leave performance, productivity and staff morale behind. This is where Kaizen can help.
Kaizen is a proven performance improvement tool used to generate breakthrough improvements quickly, without huge investments or high commitments. Using continuous improvement methods will allow everyone in an organisation to take ownership of their areas and want to make change and demonstrate measurable improvements.
Used by large manufacturing companies such as Toyota and the UK's NHS, Kaizen can be used in any part of an organisation to great effect.
• Explore what good change means
• Understand paradigms and how they impact your business
• Identify ways to break down barriers to change
• What is waste and how to remove it
• Effective action planning
• How to use and apply the PDCA Cycle
• Identifying waste in your business
• Creating action plans to remove waste