Whether you are just starting out in management or are responsible for implementing policies within your organisation, our Coaching and Mentoring Fundamentals course will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to get the very best from your team.
The course will help you to develop the skills necessary to identify both coaching and mentoring opportunities, consider the planning requirements for both coaching and mentoring programmes, conduct coaching and mentoring sessions using proven models, review progress and develop working relationships.
This course is also formally recognised by the Chartered Management Institute so delegates will receive a CMI certificate as well as a year's complimentary affiliate membership. This provides access to the latest news and developments in leadership, management, coaching and mentoring as well as access to the CMI Management Direct e-learning portal.
Optional CMI accreditation two Unit Certificate.
Unit: Principles, Skills and Impact of Coaching and Mentoring
1. Understand the principles of coaching and mentoring
2. Understand the skills required of a coach
3. Understand the skills required of a mentor
4. Understand the impact of mentoring on individual, team and organisational performance
5. Understand the impact on the individual and team needs of the coaching process
Unit: Coaching and mentoring for individual and team needs
Learning outcomes: Understand the impact of coaching on individual, team and organisational performance.
1. Understand the impact on the individual and team needs of the mentoring process
2. Understand the individual and team knowledge, skills or behaviours
3. Understand the stages of a coaching process
4. Understand the stages of a mentoring process
By the end of this course you will gain an understanding of:
• various coaching and mentoring models
• how to facilitate a coaching and mentoring session
• the skills and behaviours required to conduct both coaching and mentoring sessions
• how to develop a coaching and mentoring programme
• how to help others set realistic goals
• motivational techniques
• the Johari Window model and how this can help develop productive coaching and mentoring relationships
• how to monitor and review progress
• The definition of both coaching and mentoring
• The coaching continuum – Directive to Non-Directive
• An introduction to a number of coaching models
• An opportunity to practise using a variety of models in a safe environment with others
• An opportunity to explore best practice coaching and mentoring strategies
• Build on your current questioning and listening skills
• An opportunity to explore motivational techniques